Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 28

I guess I just had to try to scratch that itch. After doing my morning exercises, I iced the knee and then made a last-minute, executive decision. I walked outside, picked up my trusty practice 5-iron and decided to take a few easy swings in the driveway just to see if could do it. No problem.

I then decided to swing with a little more authority. Still no problems. By the time I was through, I was swinging the club with nearly as much authority as I do normally do. The knee was holding up fine, which is fantastic news.

Afterward, I ran inside and called my longtime golfing buddy, Ron, to report that I'm back ... almost. I'm still a long way from being able to play a round of golf. But it's not unreasonable to think I might be able to hit a few balls next weekend at the driving range. Again, I'll start slowly with some half wedges, but it will be way ahead of schedule for when I thought I might begin golfing activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment